Tyson Fury’s Trainer: Ben Davidson Interview (Wilder vs Fury)
Tyson Fury has been training with Ben Davidson since late 2017, when he parted ways with his longtime trainer and uncle, Peter Fury. Ben Davidson previously worked with WBO middleweight world champion, Billy Joe Saunders.
Davidson and Tyson first met at a training camp in Marbella Spain. Davidson and Fury were a good fit and discussed working together. Davidson says that they share a common strategy of how to tactically approach fights. He also has emphasized the importance of keeping Tyson mentally stimulated.
In this video, our Boxing Channel correspondent Marcelino Castillo has an opportunity to ask trainer Ben Davidson a few questions:
- What is the difference between the Fury who fought Klitschko and the Fury who will be facing Wilder?
- Why did you make the decision to come to the US to train?
- How do you compare this version of Fury to the previous Fury?
- As a trainer, what do you consider to be Fury’s most important fight?
- What did you think about Wilder’s performance against the Cuban fighter, Luis Ortiz?
- What does Team Fury predict for this fight against Wilder, how do you think the fight will end?
Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder will face each other on Saturday, December 1st at the Staples Center in LA.